Sunday, September 21, 2014

Washington - day1 & day2

Here is the start of out trip recap... like I said, Jim and Jena left over a week before me. They camped up 395 into Oregon and Washington. Jim found an RV park not too far from SEATAC (Seattle-Tacoma airport). Chris took me to John Wayne after I got off work on Friday, and Jim picked me up on Friday night. He drove me back to the RV park where he had already setup camp. The following morning was bright, warm and sunny.



An RV Park is a large parking lot with RV and trailers all pulled in side by side. This is a very pretty park, even with a lake... hence the name Pleasant Lake, in Bothell, WA.



The following morning we met my long time online friend, BethieJ, and her lovely family. They found us a great little restaurant, Jantee Bistro and Bottle, with an outside patio so Jena could sit out with us. The food the great, as was the company :oD

After breakfast, we set out for Whidbey Island. I don't have any pictures of our first day on Whidbey Island... :o(
Anyway after that we headed for the Coupville-Port Townsend (Beth's son helped us make reservations on his smart phone).



Jena wasn't so sure about the Ferry. She preferred to stay in the car...
Tomorrow I''ll start sharing photos of the Olympic Penninsula!

But for today... Cheryl is going stir crazy, so look what we got into:



The rest might have to wait until next weekend... it's back to work tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That book shelf looks like a pretty big project. The camp ground looks so pretty. I am glad you got to meet Beth. Yes, I am little jealous, but still very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is a BIG project!!! I sure cant wait to see the final photos of your make over! :)

    THANK YOU for letting us crash a wee bit of your vacation! It was FUN to be able to meet you, Jim and Jena (next time the kids?!) Glad Justin was able to help you! I LOVED all the photos, they make me want to explore around me more! :)

    Thanks for sharing your FABULOUS trip photos!!

    ReplyDelete