Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fall Back



I tried to be sophisticated today and spout off an insightful time quote from some long dead philosopher. However, the only thing I could come up with is "Time is making fools of us again." by Albus Dumbledore... Ah well, I'm an engineer, not an English major.

It's that dreaded time of year to Fall back. Why dreaded you ask? We have 29 items in our house that we have to adjust the time on... TWENTY-NINE!

8 - watches
2 - Chris's bedroom
1 - Cheryl's bedroom
1 - master bedroom
3 - living room
5 - kitchen
2 - living room
5 - cars
2 - outside

When the kids were little, we used to tell them that an gnome named Big Ben would come around during the night and fix all the clocks (I sure hope that wasn't the cause of Cheryl's gnome phobia). Anyway, it's not true. Jim and I go through the house setting clocks, sometimes cursing how we can't find the manual for the wireless weather station. Now that the kids are big, I ask Chris to fix the time on my digital watch without having to look for the instruction book :oD

We also have 18 more devices that thankfully can update themselves:

2 - TVs
2 - computers
3 - laptops
5 - tablets and iPods
4 - cell phones
2 - game consoles

Obviously we need help keeping time, that's why we have so many devices doing it for us. An extra hour tomorrow! What will you do with it?

2 comments:

  1. JONI!! WOWY that is alot of goodies to change!! I USUALLY dont change a watch til I wear it so who knows now when I will do it since I wore one yesterday and usually dont wear one anymore! LOL! (BUT I do still buy them! I like to have fun ones! HA HA!)
    Lets see with my extra hour.. I snuck down on the computer and let the family sleep! :)
    Hope your day is GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is a lot. I just counted twice and I think we only have 5 clocks, 2 watches, 4 vehicles. As for my extra hour, I did school work.....: (

    ReplyDelete