Sunday, September 2, 2012

The end of Summer...

I always think of Labor Day as being the end of summer. School usually starts the week after Labor Day. Not this year though... Chris has already been in school for two weeks, and Cheryl still have two more weeks until her classes start. But still Labor Day hold the place for "end of summer" in my heart, and I made this card...


The image a digital stamp from Tiffany Doodles through the Crafter's Digital Art Center Progressive Challenge.

That's not all I have some Summer photos to share. This first one is from the Southeast Japanese Community Center Obon in Norwalk.


Here are more pictures of the taiko, bon dance, and my mom's hula show:


Earlier this summer, Cheryl and I took a girls' day and spent the whole day in Laguna Beach. We started with a walking tour called "Flavors of Laguna Beach." We sampled 5 restaurants, a candy store, beer tasting at a local brewery, and gelato for dessert! After that we stopped at Casey's Cupcakes. That was the place that won at Cupcake Wars on TV. We visited some art galleries in the afternoon and spent hours at the "Art a Faire." What a FUN day!


How do you like Jim's summer haircut? Hahaha! He had to shave all his hair for a skin cancer treatment. Chris had some fun giving Jim his new haircut... (can it be called a haircut, if he has no hair left?)


The doctors put some kind of medication on his face and exposed it to light. The light targets the cancer cells and burns them off. Right now he looks like a boiled lobster, but he is skin cancer free!

The final good-bye to summer was heralded by a "blue moon." Did you see the blue moon this weekend? It only happens once in a blue moon, hehehe...


I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend? We spent a day at my mom and dad's... where it is 5 degrees cooler than it is at our house. For a relaxing day, lots of food, and swimming. I'm so bummed that I forgot my camera.

3 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to summer! Your card is super cute too! I sure hope Jim is feeling better. As always, thanks for sharing. I love seeing all your pictures. By the way, tell Chris he did a great job on Jim's hair! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovbe al the fun colors and patterns on your fabulous card! And it looks like you guys have really had a fantastic summer. :) Makes me want to take a trip to Cali...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that card with the surfboards, it's a great tribute to summer!!

    Love all the pics. I also like finding those cupcake shops that were featured on cupcake wars. So much fun to sample all their flavors!!

    AND happy that Jim in skin cancer free! He looks rockin' with the mohawk. :-)

    ReplyDelete