Friday, July 20, 2012

FWF and CASology

So, what am I doing when I should be working on my homework for Monday? I'm creating cards! Here is my latest card. I'm entering it in the Unity FWF and CASology blog challenges:


The theme challenge at CASology is HAPPY. I used this wonderful saying stamp from Unity called "Never Too Much Happy." It was perfect for this challenge.

The ladies over at Scrappin' Mojo and the TV tutorial from Angie Blom got me all excited about washi tape today. I'm by no means an expert stamper, so I created my own digital washi tape by using a piece of double stick paper. I've had this stuff forever... do they even make this anymore?

I cut a piece of the double stick paper, peeled off one side, and stuck on a piece of tissue paper. I trimmed the tissue paper to fit.

I picked some nice digital paper from Hello Sunshine Collection from Jessica Sprague. I clipped some strips of my favorite papers in Photoshop and printed them onto the tissue.

Then I just cut them apart... instant washi tape!

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a great evening!

20 comments:

  1. Super CUTE card! LOVE how you made your own washi tape!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic sentiment - we should all remember that! I'm so happy you played along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing! I LOVE how you created your own washi tape, that is so creative and it turned out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and I love how you made that tissue tape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card! Great idea on the homemade washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patterns are awesome! Love the colours. That sentiment is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! It makes me happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Love it! You totally rocked the washi tape and here I thought you were all washi'd out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so super sweet! i just totally love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great tutorial! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! Love your homemade tape - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super sweet - love the mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super sweet - love the mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun, fun card!! love how you created your own washi tape!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute card! I love how you made your own washi tape. I have made it myself by stamping, but I never thought to print digital patterns before! thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE how you made digi washi! Too clever. And now I want to find some of that paper...awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joni, your washi tape is fabulous and I love your bright happy card!! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card!! Love the was I tape!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joni I LOVE it!!! Such a GREAT card, and I LOVE the washi tape! I NEED to look on Amazon for that stuff you used, I hope they still make it.. hmm otherwise I may need to just FLY over and borrow some! ;)
    I am gonna make some tape today.. hee hee! i should so be cleaning.. but I want to CREATE!!! Will share when I finish!!
    Hope your day is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete