Saturday, April 24, 2010

Teacher Strike Day 2 and a card share

Chris said there were only 4 kids in his class Friday. They did other "enrichment activities" like a personality test, healthly living test, and a "how to buy a used car." Chris's personality test said that he is, "romantic, idealistic, sociable,and talkative." Romantic and idealistic I can see, but Talkative? lol! His day ended with... you guessed it... yoga! Chris actually likes it. He said that the other classes have to play board games.

I didn't realize that the substitues aren't allowed to teach academics during the strike! If the strike continues on Monday, the kids are required to bring their books to class and study for finals. They have to study independently, because a group of kids studying together is considered an organized school activity, which is not allowed during the strike. Only 250 kids showed up to school on Friday. If they want the kids to bring their books and study "independently," I wonder how many kids will show up for that...

Well, on to my card share... I punched and stamped a bunch of these orange stars for my friend Mary. I had a few "flubs" leftover. Here is a card made with one of my flubbed stars.



I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Stay tuned for a scrappy share tomorrow!

1 comment: