Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No more stinky shoes...

I have a non-scrappy crafty share! Chris has been complaining that he doesn't like putting his cross country bag in his school locker because it smells so bad... If a 17yr old boy says it smells bad, you can bet it smells REALLY BAD! My mom found an article and my dad forwarded it on to us. It had instructions on how to make shoe deodorizers. All I did was dump some kitty litter in a pair of socks and sew the tops closed. Then, he just slips these babies in his shoes after practice. Believe it or not it works!!! I asked him if he's shown this idea to his running buddies. He said that he would, but they're PINK! ooops...

I was remiss in reporting on last week's track meet... it was very very forgettable. The meet was against the #1 track team in Orange County. Track scores 5 points for 1st, 3 points for 2nd, and 1 pt for 3rd. There are 10 running events, 4 jumping events, plus shot put and discus. Capo came home with only 16 points. Needless to say, they lost...

Chris ran in the Varsity 800m again and finished in 1.16. It was last place for Capo, BUT he was not last place overall! WHOOHOO!

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea about the cat litter! It absorbs wetness and does have a nice smell! Would ever thought up that was pretty creative and smart! Maybe next time Capo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I am not saying my shoes stink but it sure couldn't hurt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I am not saying my shoes stink but it sure couldn't hurt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!!!!! i love this idea!!!! too cool!!


    {thanks for linking me on the left, too!!=0)}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gonna have to remember this one! Super great idea Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joni what a GREAT idea.. I do LOVE the pink socks too! :)
    Hope their next meet is a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SUCH a GREAT idea!!!! Will have to do that for dh's shoes too. At least if your son's shoe deodorizers are pink, maybe his teammates won't swipe 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I know a few people I can pass this on to, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great idea Joni I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That makes sense for sure as the liter is made to absorb smells. Great tip Joni!

    ReplyDelete