Friday, February 5, 2010

Ink Resist Card

Nicole over at the Papertrey Ink blog challenged us to make a card using the ink resist technique. Here's my simple little card.

I made good use of my ice cream cone stamp!
1) Stamp the ice cream cone using black ink.
2) Trace messily over the outline of the cone with white crayon.
3) Use a brayer to cover the crayoned images with pink ink (iron afterward to remove excess crayon)
4) Use a paper towel and add darker inking over the ice cream for added dimension.
5) I also stamped the ice cream cone on a piece of shrinky dink plastic and colored it in.

Thanks for looking!!!

3 comments:

  1. Joni this is so CUTE!!! I didnt play along ... darn it! Love your card!!
    I am gonna go find out what is up at Mojo.. I am sorry.. I have no idea why.. I want you to PLAY with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cooool!!! I love the ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this, but this technique is super cool! I might have to give it a try!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete