Thursday, July 9, 2009

Photoshop Class Day 4

Today's lesson is on clipping masks. I'm so glad that this was covered because I use this all the time in my old Photoshop program! Using a clipping mask you can reroute the edge of a photo. In this case, we used a grungy edge:

I took this photo on our trip to the Catalina Botanical Gardens. I didn't know if my friend Mary had ever seen a prickly pear cactus. I love how beautiful and lacy they are! They have beautiful yellow flowers too... these are just ready to burst into bloom!

NOTE: Clipping Mask
Mask layer goes under the photo layer.
Hold ALT key and click on line between the two layers. Right click to group.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Those are really pretty! I would have loved to see it in bloom. I bet the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH LOVE this too.. I am enjoying see all you learn Joni!!! Great job! Thanks for the link below.. I am gonna check it out.. I havent been to that blog before!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool effect. I am loving all your photoshop photos. Looks like the class is useful, I wish I remembered to sign up for it!!

    ReplyDelete