Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Photoshop Class Day 3

Today's lesson was on adjustment layers and blending modes. We used them to create a vintage look photo. Here is my original photo.

Here is my photo after it was adjusted, blended, cropped, and embellished with a frame and some brushes. I think the reason I didn't get a real good washed out vintage look because the colors on this photo are too bright, but I think the look is interesting. What I was really anxious to use was the red-eye fixer! It was so easy! I don't know how I lived without out it!



NOTE: Vintage Hand Tinted Look
Use Hue/Saturation layer (1) (half white/black circle). Set saturation to 50-60.

Use Hue/Saturation layer (2) again. Click colorize checkbox. Set hue to 35. Set saturation 20.

Set blending mode to Hue/Saturation layer (2) to soft light.

Hand tint photo, add rose on cheeks. Add a new layer. Select a soft edge brush. Select pink cd5a5a. Paint. Set blending mode to soft light. Reduce opacity to 45.

4 comments:

  1. I've tried the red eye and think it is HARD! I must not be doing it right. hahaha This picture does have a unique "feel."

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...still haven't logged into the class yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO COOL!! Another great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one too!! Very cool effect!

    ReplyDelete